There are many factions in the Aurigan Reach, all with their own friends, foes, and interests. Navigating between the threads of politics is crucial to surviving the struggle.
Reputation effects[edit | edit source]
- Your rating with the Mercenary Review Board indicates how trusted and effective your mercenary company is. A high MRB rating will earn you respect from fellow mercenaries and MechWarriors-for-hire.
- Faction reputations are tracked for each of the major powers in the Reach
- Loathed: This faction considers you an enemy and will work with you only under duress. You receive 90% less payment for contracts and are not permitted to shop in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of below -80.
- Hated: This faction deeply distrusts you and works with you only grudgingly. You receive 50% less payment for contracts and pay a 50% markup in shops in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of between -40 and -80.
- Disliked: This faction has reason to mistrust you. You receive 10% less payment for contracts and pay a 20% markup in shops in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of between -20 and -40.
- Indifferent: This faction has no firm opinions about your company. You pay a standard 10% markup in shops in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of between -20 and 20.
- Liked: This faction believes you are reliable and trustworthy. You receive a 5% bonus payment for contracts you undertake for this faction. You need a reputation level of between 20 and 40.
- Friendly: You are a respected resource this faction will call on for difficult tasks. You receive a 10% bonus payment for contracts and a 5% discount in shops in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of between 40 and 80.
- Allied: You are a trusted agent of this faction and will be offered its most sensitive and difficult missions. You receive a 15% bonus payment for contracts and a 10% discount in shops in systems this faction controls. You need a reputation level of above 80.
List of factions[edit | edit source]
|Full Name||Short Name||Demonym||Government||Allies||Enemies||Presence|
Friends and Foe[edit | edit source]