"Griffin 1Ns use their Jump Jets to stay at range and pelt their opponents from relative safety. 1Ns can run hot if they spend all their time bounding around the battlefield taking potshots, though." - Yang Virtanen
The Griffin GRF-1N is a Medium-class 'Mech in Battletech.
Description[edit | edit source]
Few 'Mechs can match the ubiquity of the Griffin 1N. Combining high mobility, Jump Jets, and long range, the 1N is a near-perfect medium fire support 'Mech. With a single PPC and LRM-10 rack, the 1N can mete out punishment over a very long range.
Loadouts[edit | edit source]
- Fire Support/Optimized Stock Loadout - Relocate LRM ammunition elsewhere
- Generalist - Swap out the LRM/10 in favor of 2x SRM/4's for better firepower in close quarters. This gives your Griffin something to use when it gets cornered, and can contribute to stability damage. The final extra ton can be spent on a heat sink to keep the PPC's heat under control while jumping, or on additional armor if desired.
- Mobile Missile Platform - Swap out the PPC for an LRM/15, giving it a salvo density almost equal to a Trebuchet or Catapult.
- SRM Brawler - The 1N variant can carry 3 x SRM6 w/ 2 tons of ammunition and full Jump Jets, with enough remaining tonnage to maximize front armor. This firepower, combined with the mobility offered by 5 Jump Jets allow the 1N to be a decent-to-good Medium-class brawler.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Hard-Point locations does make it significantly easier than normal to disarm, so be mindful of damage received in each weapon location.
- You can gain an unlimited supply of them at Panzyr, after finishing Liberate Panzyr. Even though you can, buying mechs from stock is still both expensive and poor value, and by this point of the game you probably have a bunch of Medium mechs on your roster anyway. But still, the option's there.