|“||You should have listened to your uncle, Lady Arano. We have unfinished business, you and I. The Iberia still carries a full complement of BattleMechs, plus enough firepower to level a city. And you know that it’s too late to withdraw your forces. When I reach Coromodir, I will drown your Restoration in a sea of fire. Every dog in Arano colors will die. You took my son from me, Kamea. My hope for the future died with him. Now I'm killing yours.||„|
|~ Samuel Ostergaard, formerly of the Concord Navy
Locura is a storyline mission in Battletech.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This is an all-or-nothing situation. Ostergaard is on his way to Coromodir to break the back of the Restoration army, and Lady Arano is on her way to join them. You have one chance to wreck the Iberia and turn the tide... do this, and the war will be won.
You'll be attacking a Directorate communications station on Lyris, the second moon of Coromodir. The system's primary communications hub can be used to transmit the weaponized Locura virus that nearly destroyed the Argo to Iberia's systems, taking it out of commission. Meanwhile, Lady Arano and her army will be a distraction, marching on Cordia City to focus Ostergaard's attention on them.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
· You are attacking a base and must deliver Dr. Farah to the control tower. She is riding in the first 'Mech you selected for this mission. The initial opposition consists of turrets and the following OpFor: Jenner JR7-D, Orion ON1-K, Vindicator VND-1R and Catapult CPLT-C1. In addition to your lance you have two allied Schrek PPC Carriers and two Sleipnirs.
· Concentrate on the towers in the front as the left Sleipnir has the team to modify the turret programming. Any turret you leave untouched will become your ally after 5 turns of re-programming. Note that you do not have to destroy them, merely stay in their field of view, as they will always prioritize targeting your mechs over the APCs.
· As soon as you drop of Farah at the comm tower a new lance gets dropped off inside the compound to the right of where you entered it, just by the chasm. The lance consists of a Grasshopper GHR-5H, a Quickdraw QKD-5A as well as -4G and one Orion ON1-V. Keep them busy as it takes 10 turns to upload the virus.
· After another five turns another lance drops in at the far right of the compound consisting of one Jenner JR7-D, one Banshee BNC-3M, one JagerMech JM6-S and one Battlemaster BLR-1G. Hold out another five turns before Ostergaard’s DropShip gets infected by the virus. Ostergaard will contact you, announcing his defection from the Concord Navy in favor of pursuing his vendetta against Lady Arano. However, he's interrupted by the Locura, which manages to hit just minutes before the Iberia lands.
Outcome[edit | edit source]
- The Iberia is destroyed, crashing out of control into the surface of Coromodir. Realizing that the cause is lost, Director Espinosa orders his troops to stand down, refusing to spill even more blood. However, Victoria Espinosa refuses to lay down arms, after having killed eleven thousand people on Perdition to realize her father's plans. She challenges Lady Arano to combat on the Arano tourney grounds, giving her one chance to take Lord Madeira back. Lady Arano accepts the challenge.